Selling Fireworks In Iowa
March 8, 2018
Want to know how to sell fireworks in Iowa ? You have come to the right place! Spirit of ’76 has the information and the product you need to get started. Here are the things you need to start your fireworks business in Iowa.
How to Sell Fireworks in Iowa
Now is a great time to start planning for your Iowa fireworks business. For the first time since the 1930s, the state of Iowa is allowing the sale of fireworks to the public. Here at Spirit of '76, we share your excitement and we are ready with the information and great fireworks to help you get started!
Spirit of '76 is the go-to place when you're looking for a wide range of unique fireworks that are truly the best in the biz. While other wholesale companies are planning on opening retail fireworks stores in Iowa, Spirit of '76 will not be doing so. Instead, we're offering you the chance to sell products from some of the best lines available:
Each of our products include a description, packing, weight and most include a video preview. Choose a category to the left to start learning more about our products, click here to request a catalog, or call us at 573-447-1776 to discuss your fireworks needs.
Let Us Help You Sell Fireworks
The professionals at Spirit of '76 have some of the best marketing tools available to help ensure your success selling fireworks in Iowa. We want to help you help your customers pick the perfect products for their needs.
A few of the things we offer are:
• Price Tags – We have price tags that include a picture and description of each item.
• Barcodes – We offer barcodes for your order to help program your cash registers and/or POS devices.
• Spark Video App – Our app plays videos of the fireworks you're selling and can be installed on any mobile device.
• Spark TV – Customers can scan an item and then watch the video on your TV.
• Advertising and Promotional Materials – Banners, table bunting, giant inflatables and even LED scrolling signs are just a sampling of what we have available to get your fireworks business noticed.
To find out more about these tools and the other ways in which we can help you sell fireworks, contact one of our friendly Spirit '76 representatives.
Location, Location, Location
Finding just the right spot to set up your business is a crucial element of selling fireworks. In order to pull in customers, high visibility and easy access are two of the keys to success. Busy intersections, high traffic areas, and locations with highway frontage are prime spots to get noticed and sell your fireworks.
Start looking for a location as soon as possible. If you can find a business owner with extra space or land that can accommodate you during the selling season, they will usually rent it to you – if it doesn't interfere with their own business and traffic. Don't be discouraged if your first choice says no, your second pick just might say yes.
When starting a business selling fireworks it is important to protect yourself, your family, and your business from liability issues. Spirit of '76 has the ability to extend our premises and product liability coverage to include your business and if necessary, the owner of the property where you're selling fireworks. One of our account executives will be happy to tell you more about this feature.
Licenses Needed to Sell Fireworks in Iowa
In order to sell fireworks in Iowa, you will need to get at least two licenses:
• Business License – Selling anything to the public requires you to get a business license and to collect sales tax. You can find the forms you need to start your Iowa fireworks business at this site: https://tax.iowa.gov/starting-business.
• Retail Fireworks License – You must get a retail license to sell fireworks in Iowa from the Iowa State Fire Marshal's Office. More information is available here: http://www.dps.state.ia.us/fm/
It's a good idea to check with your local city or county government as well. Make sure they don't have any other regulations or required fireworks permits you need to have before setting up your fireworks stand.
Take the Next Step
With a staff who has over 50 years of combined experience in the fireworks business, Spirit of '76 can help get you started. Want to learn more? Call us today at 573-447-1776 or email us now at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or product needs. We look forward to hearing from you!